Here is a list of resources for emotional management you may find helpful:
- “Dry Guilt” Tip Sheet: This page addresses survival guilt for those who were not directly impacted by a crisis dry-guilt-tip-sheet
- This is an EXCELLENT resource for helping kids tell their own Hurricane Story using words and drawings: https://www.mercycorps.org/sites/default/files/file1134606361.pdf
- Self Care for Life’s Storms: This page gives practical tips on how to take care of yourself during a crisis Self-Care After a Traumatic Event
- Problem Solving Worksheets: These pages help you organize your thoughts (when your mind is scattered). There is one for kids, too! SPR_Appendix_B_en
- Here is a link from Psychology Today about a simple breathing exercise: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/in-practice/201607/breathing-techniques-anxiety
- Headspace is a meditation tool used by a number of our clients. Here is a link to their website, and you can also download their app to use on the go.
- This is a great and simple checklist for those of us who are caring about and working for others: